Saturday, July 5, 2008

Back-On


I've discovered this band quite a while ago during my last year's first time at the Anime Convention. Frankly, my first impression of them through youtube did not correspond quite similarly to when I met them...



Teeda-Kun Icchan and his pal (I think, ha...ha)

I wasn't a fan of japanese rock and rap music back then before I met them (my initial impression was that it was all hardcore and emo) so you could say that they've won me over because their music speaks volumes. And oh yeah, the concert was awesome!
You can tell how hardworking and talented these guys are when you hear their songs and watch their videos. In that each song is uniquely attuned to a thoughtful message and each song has it own special melody that harmonizes the raw emotion they put in.

For instance, some of my favourite songs from their previous album include:

New World, Chain, and Flowers

The fact that I was lucky to take pictures of them (since security was tight) also made a wish of a fangirl like me come true. They were really nice too. Ha...ha But anyways, back to my fangirlishness.

Recently, I've just checked news on them about their new upcoming album. It's a bit different compared to their previous album that mainly focused on rock edgier sounds. Somehow I can't help but feel that it reminds me of the Shoujo manga: Sand Chronicles/Sandglass?

The MV, seems a little bit on the melancholier side like the tearjerkers that were so popular in Korean dramas. It's debuted in the new upcoming Keitai Sosakan 7 So far, I've only got the romanji lyrics from milktealover (Courtesy of Back-on Online):

My Japanese is not up to the level of being fluent since I've only picked out a few words from doramas, yahoo.com, and with help of Lingvosoft LOL. The bolded parts are my attempt of understanding the lyrics. So don't expect a lot. You have been warned.

Romaji Lyric
Romaji Sands of Time

aitaiyotte(Love or affectionionate?) ima(now) sugu (soon) ni (to become?)demo (But)
tsunaide datte (but more) wo hanashi (talk more) tanda (one base hit) I KNOW wakatteru

mukuchi ( reluctant/reserved) na (naught) HOME de (in (more))

I’M MR.LOVER nante (how/what) tsuyogaru (bluff) CAN YOU FEEL ME

imada (Yet) ni (in) YOU’RE MY kokoro (mind/heart) iyasu (heal) DIVA

BUT I CAN’T SAY THIS WORD aitai na (I Love you?)

I WANNA toki (time) wo REWIND RIGHT NOW

aitaiyotte ima sugu ni demo sakebitai no ni (to)

mou (mourning?) YOU AND I ienai

iji (memories?) wo hattemo tsukamenai ano (the) goro (sound) wa ude (ability) no naka ni ita (board more) no ni (to become)

kimi wa mou inai (less than?/within?)

BABY COME BACK TO HERE FOR ME

sou (accompany) to nari (money) ni I WANNA SAY IT

YOU AND I otagai ienai aenai (You and I are through?)

ano toki kara sunao ni narenai mahou ga tokenai (that time because you were meek

I WANNA USE THE SANDS OF TIME kimi no soba ni itai

aishiterutte sakende mita kedo kimi (My) no moto ni wa todokanai yo

nakanai de kureyo tsuraku naru kara

mune no oku ni omoi wo toji kometa

kimi wa (MY) mou inai

HEY MY GIRL dareka no mono ni naru nara

isso kiete hoshii to negau kokoro no naka

imada omoide FLASHBACK

ano toki ano basho de deawa na kereba

aishiterutte sakende mita kedo

kimi no moto ni wa todoka nai yo

nakanai de kureyo tsuraku naru kara

mune no oku ni omoi wo toji kometa

aitaiyotte ima sugu ni demo sakebitai no ni

mou YOU AND I ienai

iji wo hattemo tsukamenai

ano goro wa ude no naka ni


Yeah I've been desperately trying to find the english translations to no luck. Care for anyone to try out the rest?

No comments:

Users online

tracker