Friday, May 23, 2008

Albert Einstein denying there's a God?


Whenever I have time, I always love to look at the msn articles to see whether there are any newsworthy articles. To my surprise, this article caught my eye:

http://technology.sympatico.msn.cbc.ca/Belief+in+God+a+product+of+human+weaknesses+Einstein+letter/News/ContentPosting.aspx?isfa=1&newsitemid=einstein-religion&feedname=CBC-TECH-SCIENCE&show=False&number=10&showbyline=True&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc&date=T

Ironically, the night before I was thinking about Albert Einsten's religious views; thinking that perhaps he has contributed so much for this world that he must have believed in him. Alas, my assumption came wrong.

In the article, I was checking first if anything was biased from the perspective of the journalist who wrote this, but plenty of evidence was found, including a letter he personally wrote in his life.

Now I'm not really an active catholic but my belief in God has been always been present; especially in difficult times. So there's no surprise to see how disappointed I was to see that one of the greatest intellectuals rejected someone I loved dearly, especially when I read this quote:

[Einstein writes "the word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish." ]

Though I was glad that as I read the article, what consoled me was that Einstein was neither an Atheist.

["John Brooke, professor emeritus of science and religion at Oxford University, told the Associated Press that the letter lends weight to the notion that "Einstein was not a conventional theist" - although he was not an atheist, either.
"'Like many great scientists of the past, he is rather quirky about religion, and not always consistent from one period to another,'

Brooke said Einstein believed 'there is some kind of intelligence working its way through nature. But it is certainly not a conventional Christian or Judaic religious view.'
Bloomsbury spokesman Richard Caton said the auction house was '100 per cent certain' of the letter's authenticity." ]

Also from this blog, this at least made me feel a bit better knowing that he wants to understand him the least,
http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vY2xvc2V0c29uZ3MuYmxvZ3Nwb3QuY29tLzIwMDcvMDYvaW4td29yZHMtb2YtYWxiZXJ0LWVpbnN0ZWluLmh0bWw=: [Einstein wrote: "~ I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details.~ ]

Nevertheless, even though Einstein did not truly believed in him, he will always be the greatest accomplished achiever on this earth.

No comments:

Users online

tracker