Friday, May 23, 2008

Bill Clinton in Vancouver!!!(November 1, 2007)

(Warning some rambling included so don't mind me if I make an idiot of myself)

Note: This was quite a while ago but I thought since it was one of my coolest memories,  it'll be a shame not to share it........


November 01, 2007:

Today's the first day of my job as a banquet server for corporate events since I've left S from (A) (Due to privacy concerns I'll just give initials.)

But it's also the first time I ever get to be this close to someone soooo cooool in the politics area, Yaaaayyyyy!!!!!!!!! It was stressful at first, especially since I didn't know my co-workers, the place, or what to do........but as time passed, we hardly did anything and the gig came only at 11am when swarms of people dressed formally in business attire came by. I was up on the top floor (guessing it's the balcony area in the Arts Performing theater) and looking down, they all came up to the food.

That's when it got crowded that I had to squish between people eating their precious food away.

Luckily though, they all left to rush for the former president's presentation. Bill Clinton-presentation


(BTW, these are not pictures I've taken. I was working there so there was not much time to take any.)


After my 4hr shift, I got lucky to just sit outside the theater to look if the president was going to come out of there. Too bad though, my intuition about him leaving through the back exit instead was right. No-one from the public got to meet him up close I think (only through the presentation with bodyguards I bet). An awesome presentation btw. Tons of reporters did bother to come by though, and judging from my view they interviewed people instead for their opinions on how the presentation went. Although, I couldn't get a close enough look and hear because of the huge crowd, at least I've gotten a view of Clinton from darkened windows of an elegant black car.

Althought all the spotlight was gone, to this day, even though I could not talk or see him face to face; I'm at least happy that Bill Clinton was my first guest of honour on my first day of work (unfortunately I did not get to ask him what happened between him and Monica Lewinski, LOL) .

No comments:

Users online

tracker