Thursday, May 22, 2008

Rude Women (aka Outrageous Women)


I loved this drama soooo much that I just felt the urge to recommend it.

Personally, I don't really like dramas that are waaaay to melodramatic nor too dark. So I was a bit reluctant to watch this at first about a divorced woman who's been deeply hurt in love. What struck me though was that Wikipedia described as the Korean version of Desperate Housewives so I thought it should be playful at the very least.

Rude Women (a.k.a Outrageous Women) (Warning some spoilers)-

What happens to a female character who had a previous hurt marriage due to her ex-husband abandoning her? Would she:
(a) forgive him and forget what pain he caused her or
(b) chase after him until he repents

Wikipedia describes it as the Korean version of Desperate Housewives. I describe it as being similar but without the ridiculous plots (or crazy antics) where characters die and come back from the dead. (No offense to Desperate Housewives fans; I liked it at the beginning but the latter part of the popular show seemed to meander into crazy territory just where it felt so desperate to catch viewer's attention because they couldn't think of any more plots. Ie. Characters that died and come back from the dead? Hello???)

The synopsis enough caught my attention due to the protagonist's dilemma and its endearing protagonist. For some reason she reminded of the wholesome protagonist - from"My Girl's". On the outside we see her as the most successful dentist and a strong single mother and yet as the episodes present - we are slowly seeing her vulnerabilities due to the scar her ex husband brought upon. The story though is not dark at all but more light-hearted similar to "My Girl's". Comedic moments are plenty and brilliantly brought up right when we are caught up in its touching scenes.

I thought that the actress who plays the protagonist, plays the perfect interpretation of a woman who has been hurt, who can't forget and so takes control of making her ex repent instead of just waiting. But unlike the familiar hurt character who easily might go at deep ends, we see her compassionate heart is what prevents her from going into the dark side.

Oh and for those who hate sad endings but also hate clique happy ones, you will surely enjoy this one.
P.S I wouldn't mind some constructive criticism since it's my first time blogging so feel free to comment! ^_^

No comments:

Users online

tracker